Hi there! Easter is so close and we wanted to take advantage of it by bringing you a special traditional dessert, which despite the fact that it is originally from Andalucía, nowadays it is known by all Spaniards.
You will need the following ingredients to cook this yummy dessert! You will only need 20 to 40 minutes. It is easy to cook and we are pretty sure you will love it!
-300 g of wheat flour.
-100 ml of white wine
-100 g of honey
-2 lemon slices
-400 ml of olive oil (extra virgin)
-100 ml of water
-50 g of sugar
-15 g of toasted Sesame seeds
-Anise to taste
-Half spoonful of salt.
- Heat 100 ml of olive oil together with the lemon slices. Once it looks golden in colour, turn off the heat and add the sesame seeds and anise. When warm mix in the white wine.
- Mix the salt and flour in a bowl. Then add the oil and wine and mix to a dough. Cover with a cloth and leave to rest for 30 mins.
- Roll out the dough to a 3mm thickness. Then cut the dough into rectangles of approx. 8x4cm in order to create the typical bow shape. There we have the Pestiños!
- Cook the Pestiños in 300 ml of oil and fry it until they are golden brown. Once cooked leave them to dry on kitchen paper.
- Put the honey and the water in a saucepan and heat for a few minutes. Coat the Pestinos with the cool syrup and sprinkle with sugar. VOILA! A REALLY DESLICIOUS DESSERT!
Let us know if you loved it or not!
See you soon.